As a public service, the County of Gem will provide you with
the following information upon request:
- Whether a property is in or out of the Flood Hazard Area (FHA) as
shown on the current Flood Insurance Rate Map (FIRM) of the County.
- Additional flood insurance data for a site, such as the FIRM zone
and the base flood elevation or depth, if shown on the FIRM.
- We have a handout on the flood insurance purchase requirement that
can help people who need a mortgage or loan for a property in the SFHA.
- The County of Gem maintains elevation certificates for review.
- The County of Gem updates the Flood Insurance Rate
Maps as needed
when revisions are made to the maps.
1978 Flood Insurance Study (.pdf)
- Floodplain Maps
If you would like to make an inquiry, please tell us the street address
and, if available, the subdivision, lot and block number. We are open 8:00
am to 5:00 pm every weekday except Wednesdays, when our public hours are
9:00am to 5:00pm. Please feel free to call us at the Gem County Development
Services Office (208) 365-5144 or drop by the office at 109 S McKinley
Avenue. We will respond in writing to your request within 10 working days.